Thursday, November 7, 2019

Why attend MUIC Thailand? Here's why! (Juliana Freire)


Before I even started school at HPU, I knew I wanted to study abroad but I wasn't sure where. There are so many different places in the world I wanted to travel to. I ended up choosing Thailand, one because I heard it was cheap and I could afford it but also because it was a place that would be so different from anywhere, I have ever seen or heard about. Leading up to my trip I was excited and also worried if I had everything and also if my visa would come in on time! 


But nonetheless, I was off on my journey by myself with an open mind and ready to see what Thailand had in store for me. I arrived the day after New Year’s, what a way to start the year! Then just like that, I was experiencing all that Thailand had to offer. I was living just right outside of Bangkok in an area called Salaya. A nice local area by the university which was full of Thai students who were learning in English and about another 100 international students. Although my classes weren't in Thai except my one Thai class, I was truly having the full Thai experience. From pointing at menus to eat or trying to pick up and use some of the words I learned in my Thai class to all our travels around Thailand learning all the transportation ways. 

There was so much to see and experience in Thailand. So many different areas, so much culture, and kind people. I was taking classes Tuesday and Thursdays and then Thursday night I’d be off on a night bus to a different part of Thailand and be back Monday night for school the next day. From traveling up north to visit elephant sanctuaries, temples, and the more typical Thai living spots to down south with islands, beaches, monkeys, and full moon parties to beautiful national parks that I highly recommend! Thailand was such a fun new experience! It does have its poverty but if you go there with an open mind the country can show you so much beauty with all it’s beautiful landscape and people. It’s definitely a place that you’ve got to check out!







No comments:

Post a Comment