Friday, November 15, 2019

Before going to Kindai University in Osaka, Japan. Spring 2019


So, I’m about to leave for Japan, and I am so not ready. To be honest, the university didn’t provide a lot of info. They don’t tell you anything until the first week of orientation for international students, so I have no idea what to expect. This is especially so since I’m the first student from HPU to attend Kindai. Jean tried to reach out to some Kindai students for me, who are studying in the English program in the ELS program at HPU but no one reached out. Too bad for me. Since I’ve been to Japan before (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, and Hiroshima), I kind of know what to expect for some things. I’ve also researched what to expect weather wise. 

I’m most nervous about classes and payment. For rent, they gave us the amount for each month and only told us that we do not need to pay the full amount all at once before we arrive. So I’m assuming it’s a monthly payment? I hope so, because I’m not bringing that much cash with me. I’m not sure if we can pay with credit card or is it just cash? Good thing I’ll be flying home to walk the graduation ceremony so if I need more cash then at least I can get some here. 

For boarding, I also have no idea what to expect. They gave us 2 choices. Either room with a bunch of roommates in like a suite kind of apartment, or you get your own studio and live by yourself. The first option is provided by the school and I think it’s about $50 cheaper than the 2nd choice. You can also sign up for meals for an additional $150/month. You will get your own room but the living space as well as restrooms are shared. And I believe you will have 5 roommates? Each with their own rooms. I went with the 2nd choice just because I prefer my own privacy and I’ve heard horror stories about having bad roommates. 

As for the phone situation, I currently am apart of the T-Mobile monthly plan which includes unlimited international data, but just at a slower speed so we’ll see what they offer when I get there. We’ve been informed that they will help us with setting up phone plans. The dorms and school will have wifi so the only I will need it for is when I’m traveling around and need to use google maps. 

Kind of worried about connecting and making new friends but I’m also quite excited for the new experience. The only thing I’ll miss is my Leo (golden retriever)!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very good and very helpful too. I have learned a lot from your blog about student.
    Due to your blog, people will be very helpfull.
    I read your blog and it is really good. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
    student accommodation urbenest melbourne central

    ReplyDelete