Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A trip during my lecture recess



During lecture recess in April, I had a great opportunities to do a little bit of traveling. I decided to visit Brisbane, Gold coast, and Melbourne. It was definitely a change from northern Australia in many aspects. It was a good change though. I made my first stop in Brisbane. Visiting Brisbane means spending a lot of time outdoors and enjoying the sunshine the city has to offer. There were a lot of art communities and a very diverse range of cuisines from around the world. For example, 




Gold Coast was my next stop. From theme parks to shopping malls, and even SURFING to ancient rainforest, this city has it it all! I think Gold Coast reminds me a lot of Waikiki or the east coast. Surfers paradise is a stretch of sandy beach - you see a lot of people chilling on the side, some are walking around the farmers the market, people are swimming and surfing etc. Possibly being Australia's most iconic holiday destination, the city is certainly fast-paced and busy, compared to the other cities. With that in mind, I think Gold Coast has to be one of the most multicultural city out of these three that I visited. 



My last stop was at Melbourne, where I did a bit of solo traveling. It was so much fun. I think Melbourne was my favorite city out of all of these. The city felt more open and free. There are so many brunch places and boutique cafe EVERYWHERE. They also have the best coffee. Melbourne is a surprise. You never know what you are gonna find as you walk up the rooftop or get lost in the art-alley. I think that's the perks about traveling. You can't really prepare for anything. The experience you're gonna get is all depending on you and your surrounding. 













No comments:

Post a Comment