Sunday, November 24, 2019

Arriving in England

I admit, I didn’t really prep as much as I should have before booking my flight. If you dig hard enough of the University of Hertfordshire page, it will explain that there are certain days where you can get transportation to the school from Heathrow, but if I remember correctly it was only one day of the weekend before orientation. Because my flight was not on that day, I had to navigate through London to Hatfield on my own. From what I could find online, navigating through London is fairly easy because of the easy access through the tube. Unfortunately, I had my giant luggage so I didn't really want to work out international subway systems with my luggage. I was able to work out a route before my flight though, and ended up taking the Heathrow Express (which offered tickets at the airport) down to Paddington station. From Paddington station I was able to find a starbucks and order an Uber to Kings Cross which had trains directly to Hatfield. It was stressful and hectic, but overall I was able to figure it out fairly easy and not nearly as expensive as a taxi all the way to Hatfield would have been! Unfortunately, I was too stressed to take pictures of any of my first impressions, but I did catch this quick glimpse of platform 9 3/4 my first time in Kings Cross!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very good and very helpful too. I have learned a lot from your blog about student.
    Due to your blog, people will be very helpful in missing Melbourne and getting to know him.
    I read your blog and it is really good. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
    student accommodation urbenest melbourne central

    ReplyDelete