Thursday, November 7, 2019

Thailand MUIC Getting Ready


If you are getting ready to apply for MUIC Thailand, first thing you need to know is that Mahidol University International College is pronounced as you would say Mahidon not Mahidol. Next make sure you send in your application early and make sure you are on it with receiving your acceptance letter because it took a while to get mine in due to a form that wasn't sent to me. Other than that, causing me to receive my visa just barely in time, it was smooth sailing. Yes, you do have to wear a uniform but they are cheap and it makes it easy to know what you can wear for class. 

One thing that I had trouble on deciding was where to live during my time there. Our school gave us quite a few options but really the only options you will really want are between Bundit Home/ House or the September. This is because that is where all the international students live and it feels really great to have that community there for you while your attending school. I stayed at the Bundit Home which was an excellent choice for me. It is a bit cheaper than the September but I believe more students lived there over than the September even though they are both great options and right next door to each other. They are both really great nice clean places to live and I had a room all to myself for about $350 a month! I would have gotten a roommate but the only way you can do this is if you know someone going there since it is an apartment building, they do not match roommates for you. The place is lovely, has air conditioning and sheets already provided for the beds. You can't cook in them but that really isn't necessary especially since just in walking distance there are so many options for food ranging from $1-$3! It was insane how cheap it really was living there. The place also has a really nice pool. 

Some food recommendations I have in the area are what we would just call the pad Thai place it has an orange sign, bean bag cafe for curry, the smoothie guy which I would practice my Thai phrases with, and honestly 711 with their toasties!

Inside Mahidol International college building 

The Groove is a place with lots of food options near the apartments and has live music and bars!

The view from my room at Bundit Home.

The smoothie guy sending us off after our time in Thailand. Such a nice guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment