Thursday, November 7, 2019

Traveling around Thailand and outside (MUIC)

If you are looking into getting a multiple or single entry visa I have two different opinions about that. When I was getting my visa I didn't know there was a difference but if you would like to hop over to other countries during your term in Thailand make sure you ask the university for a letter so that they allow you to get approved for the multiple entry visa. If you can't do that don't worry. I had a single entry visa and I left the country twice going over to Indonesia and Vietnam. The way I was able to do this was by getting another single entry visa at the airport which was actually pretty easy and cheap, maybe even cheaper than the multiple entry visa. Just make sure you have lots of extra photo id copies so that you can give them one.

With other transportation, I got to experience city buses that cost less than a US dollar to ride, tuk tuks that tend to rip you off since you are a tourist, trains, and lots of night buses which was an experience within itself but very convenient. We would hop on a bus at night and arrive in 7-14 hours later at your destination depending on where you were headed. This might seem long and painful but you just sleep through the night. You save cause it's cheaper transportation and you don't have to pay for a night of sleep somewhere. You would arrive in the morning at so many great places and would be off to explore. Transportation was probably the biggest expense since I was traveling around so much but really it can be very cheap. So make sure you get out there and see everything you can.

I'd recommend Khao Sok and Khao Yai national park. If you want to get scuba certified go to Koh Tao it is one of the cheapest places in the world to do so!
view of Bangkok (such a huge city)

squished in a tuk-tuk
Local city bus 

No comments:

Post a Comment