Saturday, December 8, 2018

Photo post!


5 of my favorite things to do in Barcelona, Spain 



1. Bunkers del Carmel 



Most beautiful spot in Barcelona and by far my favorite. The bunkers look over the whole city of Barcelona and is amazing for pictures. You can either do a 40 min hike up to the bunkers or take the city bus that takes you right to the top. This place is perfect to go at sunset and have a little picnic while looking at breath taking views. Me and my friends went about 4 times on the trip!!




2. Gothic Quarter 


 Walk around this old historic area and you will fall in love.  This area is one of the oldest in Barcelona and has so much beautiful architecture. My friends and I wondered around the narrow street for hours. Its also a great place to take pictures.




3. La Boqueria





This is the cutest little market in Barcelona. You can find fruit, juice, fruit, meat, fruit, ice cream, and more fruit. Everything is super cheap in this market and the juice and fruit is the best. Make sure to bring cash because most of the venders only allow cash. My friends and I often went here to get some cheap fresh food and then went shopping!



4. Sagrada Familia 


This famous church is most likely one of the most beautiful churches you will ever see in your life. The famous architecture Gaudí designed the church starting in 1882 and it is still not finished. They say it will be done in 2026, the 100th year anniversary.  The church has so much detail that everywhere you look you see something new. I walked past the church while going to school and I was in awe every time. 


5. Montjuic Castle  



Montjuic castle is located at the top of Montjuic mountain. My mom and I took a cable car to get here and with your study abroad student ID you can see the castle for a discounted price. Here you can learn all types of history and also see amazing views of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment