Thursday, April 18, 2019

Getting Around!

Suggestion. Although studying is the first priority, you are studying abroad so experience ABROAD. Studying in Thailand allowed us to be close to many other Southeast Asian countries and experience them as well as many parts of Thailand.


Both photos above are from our travels in Vietnam. Being honest I have never had a major desire to go to Vietnam but it turned out to be my most favorite trip of the whole experience, including anywhere in Thailand. The first photo shows the Golden Bridge; it was a location I had seen in a post on facebook that I thought seemed cool, so, we went! A dream almost; the ability to see a photo of someplace than just decide, there! I will travel there! I will experience that! The second photo I just love as it shows the cultural diversity from our usual. I mean you might see this on a busy market day in Chinatown but mostly you don't see this in the United States. The open market, street bargaining, danger of possibly getting hit by a passing motorcyclist; it's a thrill ride full of excitement and adrenaline. 


The photo above shows me at Wat Phra in Cambodia. We only had one day here due to school but we made the most of it visiting the night market then waking up before 5 am to catch the sunrise above the main temple. 


I suggest experiencing all the different ways to travel! Traveled by so many ways: train, bus, plane, ferry, taxi's, and even little trucks called tuk-tuks. 



My final suggestion is to try and experience anything and everything! I loved having no limitations and trying all things no matter how strange from foods to experiences! Above I am eating a scorpion, I also ate a tarantula!

So, long story short, study and get good grades but also don't forget to HAVE FUN!!! 

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome information that you provide us.
    I am very thankful to you for sharing this information with us.
    I am glad for new students.
    student accommodation dwell village melbourne

    ReplyDelete