Thursday, April 11, 2019

Discovering My Future

I have always had a passion for cooking. Ever since I can remember I was always in the kitchen cooking up something. My favorite thing was to explore the cabinets and piece together recipes with the ingredients we had on hand. In deciding what I wanted to do with my life I chose my biggest dream of Marine Biology. However, with the help of this experience abroad, I have found it may not be my main goal. Taking a cooking class with the amazing Silom cooking school in Bangkok, coupled with not being able to cook in my small apartment, had me come to the realization of just how important cooking is in my life. Being away from the ocean and forced to take the hard science courses required for my degree allowed me to realize how field research, lab reports, and especially math or chemistry; will only leading to my stress and sadness. On the other hand, educating people about conservation and inspiring people with the passion I feel for the ocean is something I could thrive in doing. It is now my goal to graduate with a Bachelor of Marine Science and then further my education with a Culinary Business degree. With the help of these degrees, I hope to one day open my own Whale Watching Cruise exploring marine life while serving my guests a plant-based brunch and educating them on not only the animals but more sustainable practices in life in order to save them. This enlightening journey opened a new path for my future that I am excited to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment