Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Strand







Every once and while its nice to get out of the house, even for a stroll, to clear your mind of school and the stresses it possesses for a while. For me personally I like to take walks on the Townsville "Strand" walk strip.

The Strand has been a part of Townsville's history since the city was founded in the mid-19th century. The current foreshore was opened in 1999 after the old foreshore was severely damaged and eroded after heavy rainfall and wind from the tropical storm "Sid" in January 1998 and other monsoonal storms between 1997 and 1998, so it is considerably new (more or less). The Strand itself boasts a lot of fun and amazing attractions for people of all ages. There are are bike and walkway paths, safe swimming beaches, picturesque picnic spots, a water park and chic restaurants and bars with to-die-for water views.

The beach itself is very pretty and looks like a nice to place to take a swim. Unfortunately for me I arrived during Australia's jellyfish season and  currently unable to swim in the oceans during my stay in Townsville. Nevertheless it is a great place to jog, stroll, or simply to kick-back and relax, and with finals right around the corner, I nedd to relieve as much stress as I can haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment