Friday, March 21, 2014

FIRST DAY IN SEOUL! AWESOME TO BE A FOREIGNER...

February 25th, 21:30pm...

Finally i arrived Seoul, couldn't believe it was real. I'M IN SEOULLLLL!! The airport was really nice and clean. I met several international students there from different universities and have some small talks with them

The only problem that lead to other problems is...my luggage was missing. I had kept in the airport like 1 hour to look for my luggage and do some paper work for them to send the luggage to me by he next day. When i got out of the airport...then there was no more pick-up service from the school ( I supposed to have somebody from the school picked me up and help me get to dorm), I guess because my flight arrived really late and plus the time i have to do paper work, nobody could wait that long for me. My phone was also dead by that time, and there was no internet in the airport. Looking at the watch, it was already 10:30pm. The dorm was going to close at 12pm....Took a risk, i decided to take subway (which i never try before)...
One advice here is, always ask people!!! (try some international students first and then try ask native people if there is no more option). And yes, I sticked with a group of international student and asked them for help. They gave me a map and show me all the way to Seoul station and how to get to dorm by Seoul station. After they got off, another gentlemen Korean guy asked me if i am knowing the way to go. Knowing that time consuming, he recommend that i should take a taxi to Hyehwa station (where my dorm's located) and also helped me to get a taxi and made sure the taxi driver know where to go and what to do with me. After being sure that i'm going to be safe, he gave me his business card and tol d me to call him if i have any other trouble while living in Korea...The most amazing person in this story is the taxi driver. He talked to me by Korean, I talked to him by English and...WOOhooo!! We understand eachother ...(somehow idk)!! When we got to the dorm, it was already 12:30 and the dorm was close. Surprisingly everything was close by that time in Seoul...He was the one helping me go to every hotel asking people if they are still have room and helped me in everything until i got to my room....I gave him 20000won for the help but he gave me back the rest of the money and only took 11500won for the taxi fee...I said keep it but he told me i'm taehakseng (college student has no money) and told me "good luck".... yes, in that freezing weather of a different country, i feel myself warm from the kindness of that taxi driver :)...


The motel i stayed on the first day! They basically have everything i need, even some skincare for a night :)


The next day, i got to school and here you are, my beautiful place i will be study in a year. Sungkyunhwan University!!!

Some other picture of this beautiful city i want to share with you all:





1 comment:

  1. Oooh you tried the egg bread muffins too! Really good for 1500 won, I think my favorite street food so far. Tried it near the Shinsegae Mall in Cheonan, a few weekends ago.

    ReplyDelete