Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Profile Jamilyn Chapman


Hi everyone, my name is Jami and I studied abroad last semester in Madrid, Spain at Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICAI. This was my second time studying in Madrid and I highly recommend to anyone who is on the fence about studying abroad in Spain to do it! Study abroad has allowed me to learn a second language which opens up a new world of people, culture, and food to experience. One of the many reasons Spain is a great place to study abroad is because of its amazing public transportation. I never have the need for a car when I am traveling throughout Spain thanks to their reliable bus, train, and metro systems. 
The Spanish people are very open and friendly, and the social scene in Madrid is very much alive. I love Madrid because there is a plethora of affordable and free things to do and explore, and being a college student often means admission is free or discounted for entrances to museums, movie theaters, and theater performances. During the warmer months there are numerous outdoor parks to study at or bring lunch to and pass time with friends, the most famous is El Retiro which is always bustling with people and has a small pond where you can rent rowboats. 
Study abroad gave me new family, friends, and amazing travel experiences that isn't the same as just visiting a country. Living and studying for a semester or a year is the only way to immerse yourself in the culture and feel like a local. 

No comments:

Post a Comment