Sunday, April 26, 2020

Hiking in the Gold Coast of Australia

Aloha,
My time in Australia was amazing and I enjoyed every part of it. There was a lot to do especially outdoors. Where I am, whether it be traveling or at home I like to include going outside in my daily life. Where I lived in Australia was a city directly on the beach which was amazing for surfing, which I will get into on my next blog. However, nature was really never hard to find in the Gold coast. Where most people lived was pretty flat except for the few hills spread out a long the coast. These were actually great little hikes and had some exceptional views like this one.
Burleigh hill
This was a hike that my friends and I commonly did for sunset. Considering it's short length and really cool views. In the background is the city I lived in and a short bus and train ride would get me to Burleigh, which is also where my friends lived. Besides these short little hikes, gold coast was pretty flat. Coming from Hawaii I am pretty used to ridge hikes on mountains. Gold coast luckily had a national forest but it was an 1-2 hour drive. It was called Springbrook national forrest. Whenever I had the opportunity to go with friends who had a car, I would. There are fun ridge hikes, but mainly Springbrook had a lot of beautiful waterfalls. Unfortunately, during the time I lived there was the dry season. So there were still waterfalls but they were somewhat small compared to the summer. Heres a picture of a waterfall I loved. 
Natural bridge waterfall 
This waterfall was insanely beautiful and was actually really special to local people. This is because of the luminous fungi that lived within. Unfortunately, only really glowed during the summer. I loved Australia for a lot of things. But one thing that was much different was the wildlife I encountered when hiking. In Hawaii, typically you only encounter wild life in the Ocean. Where in Australia there were always some cool animals lurking around. Like this cool dude.
Hiking in Australia was an amazing experience and though I have 100's of pictures for the numerous hikes I did. I only scratched the surface, there is so much to experience in the Australian outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment