Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Post 3: COVID-19

I am so sad that this semesters study abroad students were all impacted and had to return home and cut their travels short due to the shutdowns of COVID-19. I was sad to leave all my new friends and wondered how was this online learning thing going to go? Was it going to hinder my grades/learning? Will I still get to finish? Will my credits transfer? Will I graduate on time? 
I had my last weekend trip to London, and when I got back to my apartment I had to make flight arrangements to come home 2 days later. Once returning back to Colorado, where I am from, I was able to finish all of my online courses and SKEMA, the school I was attending, was very understanding with the time zone changes and worked with us, allowing a larger window for our exams to be turned in to accommodate for students that were not in France anymore. 
I think what I am most upset about with this whole thing, is the plans I made to travel with friends. Tomorrow I was supposed to be starting a 2-week road trip across Morocco, with a few French students that I met in one of my classes. I am extremely bummed that we won’t be getting to do it, but it gives me a reason to go back and get to see the people I met and go on an epic adventure once the world is healthy again! 
I am glad to be home with my family in this time of crisis and cannot wait for our world to go back to normal! 
I hope everyone is staying safe, and had the best time abroad while it lasted. 
Who wants to plan a trip for once all this is over?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment