Friday, December 27, 2019

Netherlands- Markthal

The Markthal in Rotterdam is amazing! It's a huge building with a ton of food vendors inside. If you go down a floor, there are stores for shopping. What's even cooler: the outside are apartments! If you look at the third picture I've posted, you can see the balconies of the apartments. You could go to Markthal every week and never get tired of it. The food is absolutely amazing, and it's pretty easy to order there as there will always be at least one person who speaks English at the vendors. Many people I know didn't have problems finding English servers/menus in the Netherlands, but if you live in a smaller town like I did (Schiedam, in case you'd like to check it out), I ran into this problem a lot, so it was a relief to be able to go somewhere to eat and know there won't be trouble being understood. Another SUPER cool attraction in this same area is the cube houses. You can see them in the last picture I've posted. There is even someone who has rented one out specifically for the purpose of letting people tour the inside (how nice!), and I definitely recommend taking the time to peek through! The architecture is incredible.
If you're interested in checking out this area, you can get there by taking a train or metro to the Blaak station. Another helpful tip that I should've included in my first post, is that while you can get public transit directions on the regular Maps app on your phone, one option that is a bit more accurate on timing, and is especially helpful to figure out directions for longer trips, is to go online to 9292.nl. I also think there is an app for it as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment