Sunday, September 13, 2015

TAKING ON TAIWAN 



(At the National Taiwan University's Famous Front Gate)


My first week here at Taiwan had been an eye opener! Not only did I realize the limitations of my Mandarin Chinese, I found Taiwan to be quite different from what I am use to in Hawaii. Taiwan is a bustling city filled with food and culture. Having been to mainland China before, I realize many differences in Taipei (Taiwan’s capital). People here seem to be more honest and less rowdy from what I have experienced growing up as an American Chinese going to mainland China with my Chinese-born parents. From what I am told by a Taiwanese helper, the crime rate is low here. AND THAT IS NOT THE ONLY THING LOW here.... FOOD is inexpensive!! One can easily spend less than $20 US dollars for three full decent meals a day here. 


 (At the famous Shilin night market with some friends from America and the Netherlands)


(Some signature Taiwan beer with some Oyster egg pancakes, toppled with some Stinky Tofu

(Oh yes...Taiwan's Stinky Tofu... It's not so bad as people say! It's actually quite yummy!!)


No trip is complete without visiting the famous xiaolongbao (dumplings) place!



At the Famous Taipei 101!!!!
Taipei 101 at night. A brilliant architectural masterpiece incorporating Asian and modern elements


On Top of Taipei 101. 

School starts soon.... I got to improve my Mandarin!
In front of the old NTU library 

















No comments:

Post a Comment