Tuesday, September 10, 2019

What to pack, and what not to pack…Nagoya University of Foreign Studies is Gorgeous!


     To be honest, when travelling, I don’t pack light at all. I always overthink and say “Maybe I need to bring my hair products with me, I probably can’t find it there?” or “If I bring a lot of stationary with me, then I’m saving myself time and money for when I get there!”. These were some of the many thoughts I had as I began my journey to study abroad for 1 year at Nagoya University of Foreign Studies in Japan. Now, I flew over to Japan with an immense amount of luggage, literally the maximum amount allowed on Delta airlines. I took two checked in luggage’s (both being overweight at the maximum, 70 Ibs), a carry on full of my electronics, a backpack filled to the brim, and a purse to keep my necessities needed checking in the airport.

The items I would definitely recommend packing personally for me would be:
  •   A blanket
  • Pillows if you have preferences
  •  Specific Cosmetic and Hair Products
  • Adapters for 3 prong plugs because Japan only uses 2 prongs (You don’t need a voltage adapter changer because Japans voltage is 120 and the US is 110 so it is safe)
  • Any items that help you keep your room feeling cozy honestly, for me it’s plushies 😊


Items I think you can buy when you arrive in Japan:
  •    Lots of great Skincare products/ great makeup brands such as Etude House
  •  Clothing! I brought way too many clothes from home with me, and ended up purchasing a lot while there, especially from thrift shops! Japan has amazing fashion senses!
  •  Stationary! In Japan stationary is a huge market, it can be a bit pricey however, but if you’re a pen addict like me, that won’t stop you!
  •  If you’re into gaming and collectibles, you can buy tons of Anime figurines from places such as Book-Off for super cheap! (Or you can be like me and be obsessed with the claw-machines at Taito Station in Osu) (I won quite a few figurines at least!)


Here is a photo of my room after some unpacking upon arrival!


The balcony view from my dorm room in Global Village on the 8th floor! The campus is right there, so it was super convenient getting to class comfortably every day. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment