Sunday, January 10, 2016

Verzögerten Frohe Weihnachten

A very late Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! :)

Since the semester ends in the beginning of February, Christmas has gone by incredibly fast, with a 3 day visit to my home in Denmark to celebrate it with my family.

I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a soldering iron from FH Salzburg, so I could get my Christmas decoration ready for my room.


New Years Eve was spent with some of all the new friends I made here in Salzburg.
Here we are at midnight, watching the fireworks from one of the many bridges over the river Salzach which runs through Salzburg.

Time to get serious again came all too soon, and this Friday I completed my first exam which was in Robot Kinematics. One of the projects we worked on throughout the semester, was writing a program that would tell the KUKA robot how to build a tower.
Here, my lab partner Martin is in charge of the Teach Pendant during a test run.

Next exam in line is for Parallel Computing. Here is an image of the classroom environment, which is really great. Unfortunately, I have to use the University computers, since installing a virtual machine to run Visual Studio on my Mac failed.

For a time we had some snow here, and it truly looked like a Winter wonderland! However, we are in the plus degrees again, and it has melted away. I would not be surprised to wake up to snow again however.

I prefer the milder weather, since it means that there is still a chance to go for a hike, if there is time... This is the Fuschlsee from a hike I did over Christmas.


Though I can hardly think about anything other than exams at the moment, I am also really looking forward to returning to Hawaii Pacific University, and get to catch up with my classmates :)

Wish me luck for my exams ;)
See you in a month Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment