Monday, December 16, 2013

Sweater Weather

           So, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here and the reason is because I have been sick! Yay! It’s been a pain the past couple months because I got sick for a couple weeks, got better, then got sick again. Generally I would say that my immune system sucks, but this is the first time this kind of thing has happened to me.

           Back at home, and in Hawaii, I usually get sick for a couple weeks and then that’s it for a few months. Here, it is completely different. The problem? It definitely has to be the weather. In the middle of October the weather started to get a bit cold, but still a bit manageable so it was possible to still go with my normal attire: shorts, tank top, and slippers. From then on it just started to get colder and colder because winter is approaching. This obviously gave my body a huge shock because I’m used to hot and humid weather.
      
      Along with that, I was aware that there was a flu going around amongst the International students. Not wanting to be antisocial, I decided to ignore my weak immune system and continue hanging out with the sick foreigners. My initial thought was that I’d be fine and could power through it as long as I took as much vitamin C as I could and tried to sleep early. As expected, I ended up getting sick. What really kills me though is that I managed to get sick again. The funny part though is that everyone is getting sick again. So, I guess it’s not that bad. Still, I’m pulling through and trying to enjoy my days here in Japan.


            Now, I am dealing with a runny nose and it is seriously irritating. I cannot go a day without grabbing a tissue and blowing my nose every 5 minutes. I hope it doesn’t get worse, but with the current weather in Osaka, who knows what’ll happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment