Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thailand Adventures - What I loved and what I didn't

Keili McEvilly

Mahidol University, Thailand

Thailand Adventures - What I loved and what I didn't

The pictures bellow are from Koh Chang island. This place is quiet, cheap, and beautiful! The first is a giant golden buddha temple ( you have to wear sarongs if you have a revealing top and/ or shorts) that over looked a fishing harbor and a long, sandy white beach. The second is at a beach on the pier side (aka: where you get off your ferry) at low tide with some tide pools during my first sunset on the island. I stayed at this hotel last minute (we bought it that day) called win or winning hotel right on that beach... and it was only like $10 a night! The third is an old fishing ship at low tide further down the beach that same night. There are so many fun beaches on this island! Rent mopeds and try to get to the 4 seasons hammocks for me, because I tried long and hard.


 The picture below was taken at my favorite island of the chain off Krabi. Koh Samui Island. This place was amazing. Mostly because I love to dive and stayed at Big Blue Diving hotel where everyday that I dove (everyday) was a free night stay at the hotel! This beach had the BEST sunsets I have ever seen in my life and the best iced tea I have ever tasted. From this beach you can get a personal boat with a few of your new diving buddies and head over to a smaller island, the second picture bellow. It gets crowded after 9 am so go early or expect a crowd and burn your feet. I forgot shoes and got hella blisters.

These are my crazy friends. It was a super weird dynamic here, maybe you will experience this as well, I never felt so close to so many interesting individuals so quickly. We bonded SO incredibly fast. I mean we all just had no friends and no service to people back home so much that we only had each other to depend on and lean on for support. One of my friends fell in love on the trip, more than one of my friends had a heart break, many were traveling for similar reasons as I and some had anterior motives like discovering themselves, mentally restarting, or using it to escape a bad situation back home. Bottom line, these humans are the best and I hang out with them a lot still or FaceTime weekly at least and the all time best adventures of the trip were solely due to their craziness.


This is those great people again at Songkron: THE WORLDS GREATEST HOLIDAY 
You have to go.

 This was my favorite adventure, Song kao Rai National Park ( I think that is the right name). I camped for one night 💞💞 with my boyfriend and everyone was very upset I did not invite them/ stay longer because it is beautiful and there are at least 6 waterfalls (did them all in one day), a beautiful elf temple forest garden, and hot springs. It is super cold and a dangerous drive. Only ride a moped if you are comfortable and experienced, we saw two accidents while we were driving. It is super cold so layer up and tents are more expensive than at other national parks so bring blankets and your own sleeping bag. And bring food, there is very little up here.

 Hope you enjoyed!

PS: here is my youtube I share more of my adventures around Thailand and beyond! 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdPwGGju5MbvVUvUf-ITCjQ?view_as=subscriber

- Keili McEvilly

No comments:

Post a Comment