Thursday, September 20, 2018

Moving to Thailand

Keili McEvilly

Moving to Thailand.

When I first began looking at housing in Thailand for my study abroad, I did NOT know where to begin. So I will try to help you out. The two main housing units (for both local and international students) were Bundit Home, Crystal palace,  and The September (which I stayed at). The most expensive was the September, and the least expensive was Bundit home. The picture below is one of the closest friends I made while at MUIC, Aanchal who was born and raised in Thailand. She taught me to shop the street markets like a local, eat fun places like Anyas (which I highly recommend), and she helped me get through Chemistry. Now we txt all the time and plan on traveling together again soon. The best part about living here was how integrated I became with other students from Thailand and around the globe!


Getting around: You do not need a car, or a moped. If you want, you can get a bike because they are very close to campus, also theft is VERY low so a lock is, for the most part, unnecessary. What I did most everyday was take a "bike boy" aka the back part of a local guys moped. I also took taxis (they are like 50 cents more expensive, but way safer. If you do take a taxi, try to carpool and make sure the guy puts the meter on. That goes for every part of Thailand, if they say no ask for a price and try to bargain down or quickly ask them to stop. Ask a local hotel or worker for usual rates.

PS: Here is my youtube channel, I go over a bunch more tips and tricks I discovered from way to many dumb mistakes lol.


Good luck!
- Keili McEvilly

No comments:

Post a Comment