Monday, July 8, 2024

Housing on the Gold Coast, Australia

 Hi Everyone,

    My name is Kaylyn Dosch and I just finished up my sophomore year at Griffith University in the Gold Coast of Australia. As I said in my last blog this experience is truly life-changing and an amazing experience. For this blog, I want to talk about housing and everyday life in the Gold Coast. 


    I specifically lived in the Broadbeach area and it was the perfect mix of beach life, early morning workouts, sunrises, outdoor activities, and an inclusive community. Broadbeach is known for its friendly and welcoming community. It is a very laid-back lifestyle with a focus on work-life balance and enjoying the natural surroundings. Fitness is also very centered in most people's lifestyle who live in the area. There is a variety of food options close by. It is also walking distance to 2 different malls. You are also close to popular spots such as Surfers Paradise which is known for its nightlife. 


     I found housing through SIA, which is a company that does housing specifically for American students going to Australia and takes care of most of the things. My apartment specifically provided towels, bedding, and weekly cleanings which was super convenient to not have to worry about getting. 


The link to the housing website is: https://semesterinaustralia.com/


    My Broadbeach apartment was located less than a 2-minute walk from the beach. Where you can spend time relaxing on the sand, swimming, or surfing. It is also right next to many parks where you can relax and do homework or workout. 


    Broadbeach is also known for its various events and festivals that happen throughout the year. My favorite is the farmers market that happens every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the Month. It has a wide range of fruits, veggies, clothes, food, etc. Other events include music festivals, food events, and cultural celebrations. 


    The tram to Griffith Campus is a bit on the longer side, which was about 30 minutes. I only had classes on campus 2 times a week so it was not too bad for me personally and I loved Broadbeach so it was well worth it.


    The Gold Coast is also known as the Sunshine State because of the warmer climate all year round. Even in peak winter, the afternoons are quite warm. The Gold Coast also has a wide range of activities such as sports, hiking, and walks along the beach.

 

    I would HIGHLY recommend going through SIA and the Broadbeach area! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me any questions!





No comments:

Post a Comment