Thursday, November 16, 2017

Argentina pt. 2

If anyone is interested in courses in the International Relations sphere, the Universidad de Belgrano in Buenos Aires is seriously top-notch. Human Rights and Cultural Representation, Estudios Culturales, and Latin America in the Modern World were just some of my favourite classes. My teachers were engaging and empathetic and classically-late. I was so unaware of almost the entirety of Latin American history that having professors who have lived through military dictatorships and civilian coups d'états was eye-opening to say the least. 

I owe so much to Buenos Aires and everything it has offered me. The city has shown me a whole new side of Latino ways of life, what the people have endured and how much they have given to the rest of the international community. Living in an apartment with Mexican, Argentine, and Spanish roommates means ten different accents in every conversation, each with its own dialect, innuendos and sense of humor. I am so grateful to be surrounded by people and friends so open and intelligent, the day each one of us left there was always the same phrase being said, "cuando vengas, tenés casa," we all move on and we may not speak for months or years but the best people don't notice, the best people are home.





No comments:

Post a Comment