Saturday, July 8, 2017

Thai life high life

Hello everyone,

I went to Thailand for three weeks with my classmates and Dr. Primm as  INTR3933 summer class. We went there in the beginning of May, and basically we learned a lot of Thai cultures, and differences between Thai and America through this trip. I had never been to Thailand before and I love Thai food, so I was so excited to go there and try a lot of real Thai food in Thailand.

Our schedule was like this:

May 10th - arrive at Thailand
May 11th to 13th - Kanchanaburi
May 13th to 15th - Krabi
May 15th to 26th - Chiang Rai
May 26th to 31st - Bangkok
May 31st - leave Thailand


My favorite place was Krabi. Krabi is close to Phuket, and the color of ocean is just amazing. Way better than Hawaii... I had never seen such beautiful turquoise green ocean before...

Anyway I am going to show several memorable things through this trip with tons of pictures.




Yesss, look at the beautiful color of the ocean!!! I fell in love with the place instantly. 
I took those pictures at a beautiful island called Phi Phi island in Krabi, and there are a lot of monkeys living on the islands. We could see a boat crew fed watermelons to monkeys.

Seafood was amazing in Krabi, and we had a gorgeous dinner at a seaside restaurant. But I forgot to take pictures because I was busy with enjoying delicious meals...





The place where we went on train from Bangkok was Kanchanaburi. Kanchanaburi is one of the historically famous places in Thailand, and it is known for the place where there is the Death Railway. Death railway is built during WWII, and Japanese soldiers forced Thai people and soldiers from several countries to build railway under cruel circumstance. A lot of people died because of cruel working condition.We also visited JEATH war museum and Hellfire Pass museum.


 We took a flight to Chiang Rai which is in Northern part of Thailand. We stayed most of the times in Chiang Rai, and experienced a lot of cultural differences... such as staying a house made with bamboos and straws.

the house did not have electricity,


so, they made fire on fireplace inside of their house.


We saw a grandma smoking a corn leaf cigarette :D



Also, we taught English to local students at school for three days. It was difficult to prepare lesson plans because we did not know the levels of students, and we did not want them to get bored with what we teach. However, the students had very positive attitudes for learning English and it was very fun to teach English to them. 







We went a lot of historical sites and popular tourists' sites in Thailand such as White Temple and Golden Triangle. 


Weather was pretty bad when we were in Thailand, and it was one disappointing thing but we could not help with it. However, Thai food were amazing, people are friendly, everything is cheap, and I could not find any bad point of Thailand except water problem. You should not drink tap water, otherwise you will have a stomachache...


Anyway, I had an amazing experience in Thailand. I am so glad that I could go to this trip. If you have a chance to take INTR3933, I highly recommend to take the class. 




No comments:

Post a Comment